Kettle River Tea Store

Kettle River Tea Store

Monday, July 5, 2010

A Great Yard Sale Find


This weekend we went to the local driving range with some friends, and enjoyed swinging the clubs in a rustic setting. As we headed into town, we decided on a whim to find a few yard sales that were out by the lake. We got slightly lost, but instead of giving up, tried one more road. We found the sale, just packing up but some items still available. My friend fount a black and gold plant stand that she had been looking for quite a while. I picked up two small plates. One, a beefeater from the Tower of London collectible plate which will add charm to the store. The other, a small coaster from Johnson Bros Made in England, with the words “Water Mill” on the front. I googled and searched for it online when I got home, and found it is the “Old Mill” pattern. I thought it looked familiar, so went to to my stash of tea cups, and sure enough I have three matching cups from this pattern. The cups came without saucers, so I had never quite known the pattern name. Now I do, and have a small collection. They are multi-colored and very pretty. For more information on these pieces or any of our products, please call 800-303-8532, or email maloret-and-son@live.com. You never know when you might find a treasure in your backyard, so if you are in Republic stop by our new store 30272 E Hwy 20, between Chevron and Mel’s Diner.

No comments:

Post a Comment