Kettle River Tea Store

Kettle River Tea Store

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tea Party


We had our first tea party in our own shop last month, featuring Pumpkin Spice Tea. We are preparing for our next tea party on Saturday, November 20, 2010. Choices of tea will include a black tea with vanilla bean, and our own blend of rooibos tea, lavendar and vanilla. I'm also excited about the treat, a choice of lemon, raspberry, butter or chocolate tarts. We are on the look out for genuine scones that we can bring in for future tea parties. We'd love to recreate the feel and taste of an authentic English Cream Tea, which is such a treat in the middle of the afternoon, or anytime you need a break. I used to go shopping with my mother-in-law in England, going round the charity shops and the open outdoor market. We'd have to stop in at Brambley's coffee and tea shop, in Ormskirk. She always liked the caramel lattes, but I'd go for the cream tea. The pot of tea would warm you up, and the devon cream, jam, butter on a light flaky scone....we'd find the energy to go out and about in search of more treasures. So, if you're out and about in the Republic area this weekend, you'll know where to go for that mid-afternoon break and treat. I know there's an open house at Bloomer's, the re-named flower shop previously known as Flowers Etc. I'm sure there are other reasons to get out and enjoy, the snow won't slow us down up here in the mountains. Oh-I will be using my set of blue willow china for Saturday, the cups/saucers plates etc are very nice. We welcome drop-ins but would also love for people to call and reserve seats. If we know you're coming, we can set up a reserved table and your own pot of tea waiting for you. Call us at 800/303-8532 or drop an email to maloret-and-son@live.com. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a great place to have a traditional English tea! If only I was local :)

    Every Saturday I post traditional British recipes on my blog, picturesofgreatbritain.blogspot.com, not to mention hundreds of gorgeous photographs around Great Britain. You might want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete