Kettle River Tea Store

Kettle River Tea Store

Thursday, April 22, 2010


How fun has it been turning one of my favorite hobbies into a business? If you should find what you love and do that for a living, then this would be the ideal profession. I’ve enjoyed visiting new thrift stores, antique shops and flea markets and finding bone china and unique collectibles. While celebrating a milestone birthday recently (the decade I celebrated shall remain nameless!), I visited several thrift stores in Nelson BC and brought back this lovely dainty fluted-shaped creamer from Royal Albert. Its the Winsome pattern, which is a good description, it’s charming, sweet and pleasant. The flowers are dainty and pink, the edging gold and in perfect condition and there are no chips, cracks or crazing. The creamer is 3 1/2 inches tall. Where would it look good in your house? Do you have a teacup collection, or a cute shelf with various knickknacks? Do you serve tea and would like a new little creamer to put the milk in? This lovely find is available, for only $11.99. During my birthday celebration weeekend, I also had a girls’ day out with a good friend. We had a manicure, lunch at a Greek restaurant and then browsed a few antique stores. I enjoy the prospect of what I might find. Each treasure becomes part of the collection and the chance to display and appeal to someone else out there, who may find just what he or she is looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment